Thursday, September 16, 2010

Somehow I'll get through

As I was blow-drying my hair this morning, I remembered something that made me laugh.

I chopped off all my hair and donated it Locks of Love a few months ago. (That's my donated hair!) I really love my new, super-short haircut. I plan to grow my hair out again, so I expect plenty of awkward stages between now and then. I'm pretty low maintenance in general, so even when my hair looks shaggy or crooked, it doesn't bother me very much.

The first time I ran in for a trim after cutting off my hair, I asked the stylist if she could give me something that would look nice as long as possible between cuts. I told her I didn't like the awkward in-between stages.

"Don't worry," she told me in a quiet, gentle voice, consoling me apologetically. "You'll get through this."

People have told me that so many times this year, but this has to be my favorite. I laughed. Yeah. I'm pretty sure after postpartum depression and knee surgery in the same year I'll be just fine with a goofy haircut. Somehow - some way - I will press on in the face of such great adversity. At least she did a good job cutting my hair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment